Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer experience?
We have lots of ways to get involved at Hope House!
Look below to see some of the many ways you can join the fun!
ASSIST WITH A PROGRAM
- Read with a child
- Prepare snack
- Set up/clean up before and after
- Bring fresh ideas to the table
- Supervise and interact (talk and play) with kids at Outdoor Fun
- Superise and interact with kids at Hope House Cafe
- Assist in the Cafe
- Run games for a Big Event
- Bring a side dish to a BBQ or grill and play
- Bring your family and a game or an activity you like to do
- Write cards, address, stamp messages to kids of all ages
- Go with us to kids' activities
- Cut out crafts and prepare activities for programs
- Sort things and take donations to church or to Salvation Army or somewhere it can be useful
- Yard work
- Maintenance of stuff
- Make a meal for a group
- Lead a group during a service project
- Hang out with a group
- Host group for overnight (at Hope House Detroit or Hope Hospitality House)
- Go with group to designated locations
- Prayer at home or on our monthly walks
- Pray anywhere!
- Adopt, pray for, and encourage a staff member or intern
- Make a meal for staff and intern on a Wednesday night or anytime!
- Lead worship on a Wednesday night
- Host interns for a meal
- Testing reading level
- Fundraising/grant writing
- Administrative projects
- Run a drive at your work or in your school (drives might be for: money, cleaning supplies, paper products, treats for the kids, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, socks, winter accessories, etc.)
- Invite people to give, to volunteer, to come as a day or overnight service group or retreat